Friday, November 4, 2011

Just 'In Time'


Synopsis: When scientists unlock the secret to immortality, time becomes the new currency and one desperate man comes under attack from a mysterious group known only as the "Time Keepers." In the not-too-distant future, scientists have discovered a way to turn off the aging gene. As the threat of overpopulation looms over society, money becomes a thing of the past. Now, assets are measured in time; those with the most time also possess the most power.


I enjoy watching movies, and today I enjoyed this one.  Time becomes the ultimate possession, and in the world created by this movie, it's really all that matters.  Have time, have life.  Run out of time, run out of life.  Far fetched?  Maybe. Then again maybe not.  


I walked out of the theater reminded that everyday matters, and that if you try, you can accomplish a lot in a day.  I also remembered the words recorded in James 4,


13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”


I shouldn't have needed a reminder, but I appreciated it just the same. I am not guaranteed another minute, much less another day.  I don't have a digital clock on my arm counting down to my death, but I shouldn't need one either.  


My prayer is that I make every moment count, that I love God and people as if today is my last.  


I'm going to head on down the path, as long as God allows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment